WHO SHOULD ENTER
Any interior designer/interior architect may submit design project(s). The project(s) must be located outside of the United States; however, the design firm may be located anywhere (including the USA). The design project(s) must have been completed after October 1, 2015.
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Public Spaces & Commercial Lobbies
- Residences Large (125 square meters and above)
- Residences Small (under 125 square meters)
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Sales Centers & Show Flats
- Showrooms & Exhibition Spaces
- Spas, Fitness Centers, & Gymnasiums
- To enter, prepare and submit to the entry form:
- Your design firm’s contact information including name, address, phone number and e-mail
- Your design project’s information including name and location
- A 250-word description of the project challenges and a 250-word description of specific solutions to project challenges
- 7 - 10 images (under 1MB) of your project and a maximum of 3 floor plans (please see entry form for additional image guidelines)
- All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted.
$250 per entry for IIDA members
$300 per entry for non-members
Each project may only be submitted once.
GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS - SPECIAL PROMOTION
You can submit a project to the Global Excellence Awards and save $50 on the entry fee to the 2018 IIDA Interior Design Competition. Simply select “Global Excellence Awards /Interior Design Competition Promotion" when submitting payment and enter the name of the project(s) you'd like entered into both competitions.
Click here for information on the benefits of becoming an IIDA member, which includes a reduced entry fee for every competition submission.
The winning design projects are chosen by a jury of design professionals. Submissions will be judged on the basis of the appropriateness of the design solution and the successful integration of the elements of design, as well as excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, and function. A maximum of two winners in each category will be selected. It is at the jurors' discretion to not select a winner in any given category. A "Best of Competition" winner will be selected from the category winners.
Winning projects will be featured on the IIDA website, on social media, and in the official Winners Brochure. The winning projects will also be included in an issue of Perspective, the IIDA design journal and publishing partner for the competition. An awards celebration will take place in Paris at Le Brand Store BMW George V on Jan. 20, 2018. The Best of Competition winner will be the subject of the IIDA Designer Dialogue video series.
Monday, Oct. 2, 2017
Deadline to Enter
Friday, Nov. 17, 2017
For questions or more information, contact Liz Moran, Design Competitions Director, at IIDA Headquarters.