The 5th annual Best of Asia Pacific Design Awards seek to recognize and honor the highest level of creativity and design excellence in Interior Design/ Interior Architecture projects in the following countries:
American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, East Timor, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna.
WHO SHOULD ENTER
Any interior designer, interior architect or architect may submit a design project(s). The design project(s) must be located in Asia Pacific, however the design firm may be located anywhere. The design project(s) must have been completed in or after July 2015.
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Public Spaces & Commercial Lobbies
- Residences Large (95 square meters and above)
- Residences Small (under 95 square meters)
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Sales Centers & Show Flats
- Showrooms & Exhibition Spaces
- Spas, Fitness Centers, & Gymnasiums
- To enter, prepare and submit to the entry form:
- Your design firm’s contact information including name, address, phone number and e-mail
- Your design project’s information including name and location
- A 250-word description of the project challenges and a 250-word description of specific solutions to project challenges
- 7 - 10 images (under 1MB) of your project including a maximum of 3 floor plans (please see entry form for additional image guidelines)
- All submissions must be sent in electronic format.
Each project may only be submitted once.
- $200 per entry for IIDA members
- $250 per entry for non-members
Click here for information on the benefits of becoming an IIDA member, which includes a reduced entry fee for every competition submission.
The winning design projects are chosen by a jury of design professionals. Submissions will be judged on the basis of the appropriateness of the design solution and the successful integration of the elements of design, as well as excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, and function.
A maximum of two winners in each category will be selected. It is at the jurors' discretion to not select a winner in each category. A "Best of Competition" winner will be selected from among the category winners.
Monday, July 17, 2017
Deadline to Enter
Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017
Winning entries will be published in an issue of Contract magazine, on the IIDA website, and in the official Winners Brochure. An awards reception will be held in Hong Kong in December 2017. The Best of Competition winner will be the subject of the IIDA Designer Dialogue video series.
For questions or more information, contact Liz Moran, Design Competitions Director, at IIDA Headquarters.