WHO SHOULD ENTER
Any interior designer, interior architect, or architect may submit a design project(s). The design project(s) must be located in Latin America or the Caribbean; however, the design firm may be located anywhere, including the USA.
To enter, please prepare and submit:
- Your design firm's contact information including name, address, phone number, and email.
- Your design project's information including name and location.
- A 250-word description of the project challenges and a 250-word description of specific solutions to project challenges.
- 7-10 color images (jpg or jpeg under 1 MB each) of your project - only one (1) exterior image permitted - and a maximum of 3 floor plans.
- Payment processed through iida.org.
All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted. There is no limit to the number of eligible projects a firm may submit; however, each project may only be submitted once.
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Hospitality (lounges, bars)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Residences – Multi-Family (condos, apartments; includes model/sample/show residential units)
- Residences - Single Family (inhabited free-standing homes)
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Showrooms/Exhibition Spaces/Sales Centers
- Spas/Fitness Centers/Gymnasiums
All entrants are eligible for the Narrative Award, which recognizes an interior design/ interior architecture project with a compelling project statement that describes extraordinary circumstances surrounding a project or significant challenges that were overcome in order to deliver a project.
The cost to enter is $200 per entry for IIDA Members and $250 per entry for non-members. Please contact Liz Moran for more information on applying for llDA membership to take advantage of the member rate.
Winning entries will be published in Contract magazine, featured on the llDA website, promoted on llDA social media, and included in the official Winners Brochure. An awards celebration will be held at the new llDA headquarters in Chicago in July 2017.
The winning design projects are chosen by a jury of design professionals. Entry submissions will be judged on the appropriateness of the design solution and the successful integration of the elements of design. A maximum of two winners in each category will be selected. It is at the jurors' discretion to not select a winner in each category. A Best of Competition winner will be selected from the category winners.
Monday, Feb. 27, 2017
Deadline to Enter - Extended
Wed., April 12, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST
For questions or more information, contact Liz Moran, Design Competitions Director, at IIDA Headquarters.