WHO CAN ENTER
Only Exhibitors at EDspaces 2017 are eligible to submit product entries. Products not displayed at EDspaces 2017 are not eligible to participate. Products must be designed for the learning environment and offered for sale or use after November 1, 2016 (November 1, 2015 for first-time exhibitors).
- Flooring Carpet/Rugs, Hard Flooring/Resilient
- Wall Surfaces Acrylic, Glass, Metal, Moveable, Specialty Finishes, Wall covering
- Textiles Drapery, Panel, Protective Finishes/Durability, Upholstery
- Furniture Casegoods, Children's, Display Cases, Student Desk, Systems, Tables (Occasional, Classroom, Dining, Conference)
- Seating Classroom, Conference, Fixed, Guest, Lounge, Task
- Specialties Ceilings, Lighting, Storage Carts, Technology Products, Visual Display & Signage
- Equipment Playground Equipment, A/V Equipment, Lectern/ Teaching Station
- To enter a product into this competition, you will need to submit:
- The manufacturer and designer's contact information; including name, address, phone number and email.
- A statement describing your product; 250 word maximum.
- A minimum of 4 jpeg images and a maximum of 8 jpeg images of your product. All text, including product name, model name and manufacturer's name, must be removed from all images or the entry will be disqualified. Images must be a minimum of 300 DPI. File types accepted include JPEG, and JPG.
- An optional video displaying the functionality of your product (max 1 minute and 30 seconds and no more than 30MB; in one of the following formats: avi, mpg, mpeg, 3gp, mov, mp4)
- Payment (a payment prompt is in the entry form)
- All submissions will be done electronically.
- No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
The cost to enter is $200 USD
Winners are chosen by a jury of design professionals. The jury reserves the right to not offer an award in any given category and to reclassify entries into other product categories if deemed necessary or appropriate.
Prior to determining the award winners, judges at their discretion may visit products submitted to the competition. The Best of Competition Award will be presented to one of the product design award winners.
Products will be judged for design, technical advancements/innovations, cost and value, environmental responsibility, aesthetics/comfort, safety, client/user benefits, need and usage for educational facilities.
Winning entries will be published in an issue of Learning By Design magazine, featured on the IIDA website, and promoted on IIDA social media. Winning firms will be announced and celebrated at the EDspaces General Session on Oct. 26, 2017.
For questions or more information, contact Liz Moran, design competitions director at IIDA Headquarters.
Winning entries will be published in an issue of Learning By Design magazine.
Monday, August 7, 2017
Deadline to Enter
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
All products submitted for awards must be in the manufacturer’s booth on Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2017
Click here to see past competition winners.