Your challenge is to design and transform a trade show booth (approximately 28m2 or 300 square feet) into a branded, visually inspiring and original IIDA Lounge at Orgatec 2016.
The booth should be an inviting and visually attractive space that emphasizes the IIDA brand as the Commercial Interior Design Association. The booth should function as a stand-out exhibition explaining who IIDA is, what IIDA represents globally, and why membership in IIDA is a valuable resource for both Commercial Interior Designers and Manufacturers.
WHO SHOULD ENTER
This competition is open to students worldwide who are currently enrolled in an Interior Design/Architecture program or university. Participants can enter individually or as a team (three people).
Click here to review the design brief.
Access answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
Your design concept should accommodate the following basic functions:
- Create an area for IIDA to greet and engage members and potential members attending Orgatec.
- Create a meeting area to accommodate up to six (6) people. This area could also function as a respite for IIDA Members, as well as serve as an area that allows for IIDA Members to have informal client meetings.
- Showcase IIDA logo and adhere to IIDA brand guidelines and style. It will be critical to create and design a branded booth that visually attracts and engages the attendees.
- The IIDA logo should be prominent and incorporated without any alteration to the graphic identity.
- The booth should embrace the IIDA Strategic Mission and Vision Statement: “IIDA exists to provide relevant and meaningful support to Commercial Interior Design professionals and their clients. IIDA promotes the value of Interior Design to business decision makers and the general public. IIDA stands at the intersection of passion and strategy where designers create exceptional environments encompassing every aspect of the human experience."
- Your final design concept must include a minimum of two (2) custom designed elements or details. Your original booth design should look and feel like it was created specifically for Orgatec 2016. Because this is a working booth, the following elements are required: A reception desk/greeting kiosk, a wall feature/ backdrop, and storage storage for promotional materials.
- Vitra is the sponsor of this competition. All design concepts must incorporate only Vitra furniture and products.
- IIDA Student Members: $30.00
- Non-Members: $70.00 (includes IIDA Student membership for the remainder of 2015 through Dec. 31, 2016).
- Non-members are required to submit a membership application and supporting documents by March 1, 2016, in order to receive membership under the above promotion. A membership application will be available to download on the competition entry form and is also below. Do not apply online separately.
- No refunds allowed if you do not take advantage of the promotion and submit required documentation by March 1, 2016.
- Membership offer not valid for team entries.
- Team Entries: IIDA Student Member: $30 (at least one student on the team must be an IIDA Student Member)
- Team Entries: Non-Members: $70 (does not include membership offer)
- A trip to Orgatec Trade Fair in Cologne Germany, October 25–29, 2016 to execute their design concept
- A daytrip to the Vitra Campus in Weil am Rhein
- The design concept featured on the IIDA website, in DesignMatters (IIDA biweekly newsletter), QUAD (IIDA student newsletter), and on the Vitra website
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015
Deadline to Enter Extended
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
The final design concepts will be judged based on the following criteria:
- 30% Innovation and creativity & IIDA Brand Recognition
- 30% Coherence and functionality
- 20% Fulfillment of submission requirements and contributions above and beyond the basic requirements
- 20% Final Digital Presentation
For more information, contact Liz Moran, Design Competitions Manager, at email@example.com, or Aisha Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.